Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > General Discussion

General Discussion General massage review info

Unread April 24th, 2016
VIP User

Obsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond reputeObsessive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsean View Post
Holy jaysus....now that is funny...I think admin is taking a screwing by whoever is working IT for them...How many times is this gonna repeat? I sure hate to think about this going up in smoke over a burnt power cord...
I don't think the owner has an IT staff. I've seen even the worst development team or persons do a better job at keeping a site up. I don't think the owner is even aware there are free services that check uptime of a site every few minutes & send email/SMS alerts to notify. I think the owner is also afraid to work with anyone legitimate to re-develop the site because there's either not enough money to do so or he only trusts himself with the information in the database or both. This is not a complicated site. I think what brings it down is competing sites who are either crawling it to scrape off it or hitting it with a DDOS. Both can be mitigated by a proper firewall, access throttling or using a proxy CDN like CloudFlare - but the owner may not be aware of those options or does't want to use those options out of privacy concerns. Yet the server for this site is hosted on AWS last I checked so that must not be it.

I've concluded that the real problem of why this site often goes down for multiple hours or often slows to a crawl is that the owner is the sole person operating the site, has no IT team, and doesn't have the knowledge to continue operating the site properly on his own. He is confronted with a lack of ability and lack of resources or trust. Which means at some point, sooner or later, the owner will be confronted with a problem that he will not be able to resolve and it will most likely be unrecoverable even if he did want to pay for the resources to have someone handle it.
Unread April 24th, 2016
VIP User

chanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
. Which means at some point, sooner or later, the owner will be confronted with a problem that he will not be able to resolve and it will most likely be unrecoverable even if he did want to pay for the resources to have someone handle it.
For whom the bell tolls....Well, it was fun while it lasted....every site I've ever been on has morphed or changed or basically ended. Except Parlor....he seems to be kickin it ok....
Unread April 25th, 2016
VIP User

RoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to behold

Whenever I click on the site and login successfully I've feel like I've won the lotto!
Unread April 25th, 2016
VIP User

NicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceforester View Post
...If it weren't for the camaraderie on the discussion boards, I would go back to hunting and gathering like I used to - not even using the internet. ...Like I said, if it weren't for the interesting discussion boards I would Ichi.
Yep! (But, I have dropped off my activity markedly.)
Unread April 26th, 2016
VIP User

8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold

At this point, with all the downtime and people saying they've paid for VIP access and not getting it, its difficult to justify paying for a membership. Especially since a year later, there's still very few reviews for the cities I monger in.
Unread April 27th, 2016
VIP User

NicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to beholdNicetoKnow is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought... Suggestion to ADMIN.

When you are ready to re-launch the website...open it up to a free 30-45 days. Standard Registration & Login required. It might give incentive to re-establish the site.

Deep down, this is still my favorite site. Assuming the REVIEW portion ever gets retooled, and the FORUM generally remains unchanged...I would be glad to offer more again. IMO
Unread April 27th, 2016
VIP User

RoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to beholdRoyalCrown is a splendid one to behold

Can't log in to see reviews, but can log in to see forum. STRANGE!
Unread April 27th, 2016
VIP User

SSP is on a distinguished road

Unbelievable
Unread April 27th, 2016
VIP User

Richard Boinkwell can only hope to improve

I cannot log in. I cannot contact them because the "captcha image" I am supposed to type in to verify shows nothing.
Unread April 27th, 2016
VIP User

8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold

Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0

Looks like a drive space issue.