Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Closed Thread
Unread July 22nd, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

OK. so some nut went off and killed/wounded a bunch of people with automatic weapons in Colorado. OK. So where is the call for "Gun Control?" Neither party wants to bring that shit up. Obama and Romney just want to be elected. Don't piss off the NRA/Bible belt. They don't have those kind of massacres in Japan. Japan has strict gun control so not just any nut can get a gun. I could get guns just as easy as I can get steroids. No problem. Legal or illegal. If I had the dough I could get a 50 calliber machine gun, very easy. It would cost me 8 grand. I have connections. Freedom. God Bless the USA.

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 22nd, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Unread July 22nd, 2012
Senior Dog

hornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant future

I feel your outrage Ichi, I just don't know what the answer is, I wish I did.

It was something that made me feel sad all day. I just pray for the the people who are left to make sense of this tragedy, my heart goes out the them.

I deleted a lot of things I wanted to say, my feelings just didn't feel right to express at this time. I do feel angry but at the same time empathy for those who have to say goodbye to love ones. To those people I just want to express my deepest sympathy and regret for what they have to suffer through.

We as the human race are flawed, regardless of race. I just hope we pull together instead of tear us apart, we are better than that.

I really just want us to work together instead of us pull each other apart, the latter seams like were we are headed. Some psycho should not define a race.....the human race.
Unread July 22nd, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Yag. I was drowning my shoulder pain in beer. You tell by the typo's. Still it is infuriating the ease with which anyone can get a gun in this country.

I see gunshot victims very often at my job. We had this giant Armenian truck driver guy a while ago. He 6 foot 5 260 pounds. A working guy but very formidable. Some 140 pound 19 year old deadbeat unemployed gang banger took him down bad with a 45 calliber pistol. Not a fair fight at all.

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 23rd, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Unread July 22nd, 2012
VIP User

MPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
Sorry Yag. I was drowning my shoulder pain in beer. You tell by the typo's. Still it is infuriating the ease with shich anyone can get a gun in this country.

I see gunshot victims very often at my job. We had this giant Armenian truck driver guy a while ago. He 6 foot 5 260 pounds. A working guy but very formidable. some 140 pound 19 year old deadbeat unemployed gang banger took him down bad with a 45 calliber pistol. Not a fair fight at all.
Too late to bring harsh restrictions on guns because there are already too many floating around. Hard to up the penalty for illegal possession because there are more people in US prisons than any other country. About the only solution I can see is making it legal for open carry and easier to obtain concealed carry permits. If you don't know who has a gun on them you may not choose to pull yours. Yes it may be a fact that more people are shot with their own guns but they never tell you that most of those are accident and suicides. I'll be willing to bet there are more violent crimes prevented by armed citizens than the media will ever admit. If several people in that movie theater were armed there may have been a different outcome. The criminals know that most people are unarmed and feel like they can get away with anything.

I have attached a photo just for fun....I hope it shows up. If you were a criminal and saw this....you would go off and look for an easier target. It's a shame more states don't allow this.

Last edited by MPkid; March 10th, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Unread July 23rd, 2012
VIP User

I don't agree. If gun sales were stopped in this country sure they would still be out there, but they would get scarcer and scarcer by attrition. And they all would be outlaw. I see the result of gun violence every week at my job at least once every 3 days I am there. I have seen some very sad stupid things. Almost Cliche. A while ago i had a 14 year old boy patient who played hooky went to his friends house. His friend showed him his fathers 9 mil. Oops, it was loaded. The boy shot the other boy right in the eye. Bullet lodged in the back of his head just under the skin. That was a very intense craniotomy. Nobody wants to let a 14 year old boy die under their care. He did not die in the operating room and I don't know what became of him after we transferred him to the ICU. If he survived I doubt if he is going to go to Stanford though, judging by the amount of grey matter I saw coming out of his eye socket.
Unread July 23rd, 2012
VIP User

8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold

The gun lobby is very strong in USA, their politicians are whores who are bought and paid for. Vote the way the NRA wants them to. We have an auction based political system here. He who has the most $$ gets elected or buys the most congressional votes 85% of the time. For the people by the people is for the dreamy political science majors.

That CO quack would not pass a psychology test, which really should be required before buying a gun or ammo. He had 6000 round of ammo delivered to his apt. He used to have rights now he'll be locked up for a very long time.

Having everyone carry guns is not the answer, it's the problem as many already do. England has strict gun laws and their armed crime is small.
Unread July 24th, 2012
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

The right to have a gun is in the constitution. Its up to govt to regulate what type of gun they can have. The big problem is the Semi automatic and large caliber stuff. I saw some idiot congressman on fox argue that the semi automatic stuff is what the hunters like to use. wtf. They should also tax the shit out of the ammo sales and regulate the types of guns allowed to be made.
Unread July 25th, 2012
VIP User

Part of me does not care if people shoot each other. There are too many damn people in this world anyway. Part of me gets frustrated with how stupid and primitive humans really are. Hateful, primitive, greedy and murderous.

I remember when I was a little kid I saw in some science magazine the mummified remains of some hapless soul from like 1000 years ago who was garroted to death with a leather ligature and a stick to twist it tight around his neck from behind. He was buried like that with an agonized look on his face perpetually frozen and the ligature left tight around his neck. Some memories just stick with you.

In thousands of years humans have not changed really. Sure technology has advanced, but underneath it all we are still the same. Not much different than primates really. In fact I read that in some ways primates are actually quicker intellectually than humans. I read Chimps can remember number sequences better than Homo sapiens. Chimps, on the other hand, are in some ways like us: Chimps sometimes kill each other. That and they like to masturbate.

On the other hand, assuming I give a shit whether people shoot each other: Actually I make quite a bit of money when people get shot and I am on call. They call me in to assist in the surgeries. Stupid violent people with guns are actually my "bread and butter." But the question still stands: Why are Americans so violent and gun oriented? There are other countries with not stellar records historically in regard to doing violence on other humans: Japan and Germany, for instance. Australia, not counting the indigenous natives who were there first, was founded by hard core outcast criminals and was pretty rough place back in the day.

Those countries have a very small fraction of gun related deaths compared to America. What is different? They are humans just like Americans. Is it the movies and the videogames? No. The people in those countries watch the same movies and play the same violent games as we do in America. The answer, at least the only logical answer that I can see is: Those countries: Japan, Germany, and Australia all have strict gun control.

Now for a bit of irony: In America the second amendment of the constitution declares the right of US citizens to bear arms. The Japanese constitution written after WWII declares that Japanese cannot have possession of fire arms swords or sharp sticks. So who wrote the Japanese constitution? America did as part of the terms of Imperial Japans surrender at the end of WWII. I guess we felt guilty about nuking the Japanese and felt like maybe we should make it up to them. Hell, those Japanese suffered enough. Right?So we took their guns and we kept the guns. How many gun related homicides did Japan have last year 2011? Something like 7. How many gun related homicides did America have in 2011? Something like 16,000. Land of the Free. The quick and the dead. Japan says "Thank you America."

Great! "Yippekayaaii Mofo! Grabs yer 6 shooter and head out west youngster. You will take my Smith and Wesson from my cold dead hand Yankee!" "No, new gun laws! The right to shoot people is in the constitution. It is an american core value."

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 26th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Unread July 26th, 2012
VIP User

MPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
Part of me does not care if people shoot each other. There are too many damn people in this world anyway. Part of me gets frustrated with how stupid and primitive humans really are. Hateful, primitive, greedy and murderous.

I remember when I was a little kid I saw in some science magazine the mummified remains of some hapless soul from like 1000 years ago who was garroted to death with a leather ligature and a stick to twist it tight around his neck from behind. He was buried like that with an agonized look on his face perpetually frozen and the ligature left tight around his neck. Some memories just stick with you.

In thousands of years humans have not changed really. Sure technology has advanced, but underneath it all we are still the same. Not much different than primates really. In fact I read that in some ways primates are actually quicker intellectually than humans. I read Chimps can remember number sequences better than Homo sapiens. Chimps, on the other hand, are in some ways like us: Chimps sometimes kill each other. That and they like to masturbate.

On the other hand, assuming I give a shit whether people shoot each other: Actually I make quite a bit of money when people get shot and I am on call. They call me in to assist in the surgeries. Stupid violent people with guns are actually my "bread and butter." But the question still stands: Why are Americans so violent and gun oriented? There are other countries with not stellar records historically in regard to doing violence on other humans: Japan and Germany, for instance. Australia, not counting the indigenous natives who were there first, was founded by hard core outcast criminals and was pretty rough place back in the day.

Those countries have a very small fraction of gun related deaths compared to America. What is different? They are humans just like Americans. Is it the movies and the videogames? No. The people in those countries watch the same movies and play the same violent games as we do in America. The answer, at least the only logical answer that I can see is: Those countries: Japan, Germany, and Australia all have strict gun control.

Now for a bit of irony: In America the second amendment of the constitution declares the right of US citizens to bear arms. The Japanese constitution written after WWII declares that Japanese cannot have possession of fire arms swords or sharp sticks. So who wrote the Japanese constitution? America did as part of the terms of Imperial Japans surrender at the end of WWII. I guess we felt guilty about nuking the Japanese and felt like maybe we should make it up to them. Hell, those Japanese suffered enough. Right?So we took their guns and we kept the guns. How many gun related homicides did Japan have last year 2011? Something like 7. How many gun related homicides did America have in 2011? Something like 16,000. Land of the Free. The quick and the dead. Japan says "Thank you America."

Great! "Yippekayaaii Mofo! Grabs yer 6 shooter and head out west youngster. You will take my Smith and Wesson from my cold dead hand Yankee!" "No, new gun laws! The right to shoot people is in the constitution. It is an american core value."
We still don't know how many of the 16,000 were committed by legal gun owner or criminals. My guess is mostly criminals are shooting people. Here is an excerpt from a website showing gun related crimes in US vs. Knife related crimes in UK.

In or about 2006, there were about 60 million (actually closer to 58M, but we'll use the rounded-up number to be kind to hopolophobes) people in the UK as a whole, including Scotland.

In England and Wales alone — discounting Scotland — there were over 163 thousand knife crimes.

By the end of 2006, there were more than 300 million people in the US as a whole.

In the US as a whole, there were fewer than 400 thousand gun crimes.

In the UK, based on these numbers, there was one knife crime committed for every 374 people (rounded down).

In the US, based on these numbers, there was one gun crime committed for every 750 people — less than half a gun crime per 374 people (about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people, actually).

That means that, based on these statistics, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

Here is a link to the website I found these stats. http://sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323

I think people will kill people no matter what the gun laws are. You said yourself chimps kill each other and not one of them owned a gun. I can only speak for myself but I would rather have a gun and not need it then need a gun and not have it. If it ever comes down to me having to defend my home and family I like my chances better with a Glock and a Mossberg 12 gauge within reach because I know whoever is coming into my house at night isn't coming empty handed. Don't get me wrong, I am all for making the penalties stiffer for those that commit crimes with guns. But we all know that won't make a criminal stop to think before pulling their piece.
Unread July 26th, 2012
VIP User

8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold

What are the statistics on England knife DEATHS vs USA gun DEATHS??????

And.... gun owners should have to pass an IQ test too.
Closed Thread