Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Unread October 25th, 2013
VIP User

MPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechez View Post
bullshit. it's all because of Corporate greed. Costco pays fair wages, provides health insurance, retains its employees, and is always very profitable. Walmart has to renew a third of its workforce every year, pays minimum wages, fights the unions, no health insurance, only part time work so no benefits, we taxpayers foot the bill to assist all their Staff at poverty level, and guess where the money goes? Quite a few Walmart family heirs are the richest in the country. If the fortune hadn't been split, it would beat Bill Gates. You paid for that, my friend!
now go eat at In n out, they are Costco-like, boycott MacD, and all the big fast fooders who, on top of it, make shit for food.
Why you gonna bash Walmart? They help their employees fill out the forms so they can get Govt. assistance! McD's ain't helping anyone fill out those complicated forms! LOL WTF I can't stand it. Every now and then I have to buy something at Walmart and I feel like a traitor just walking through the door. I saw the Walmart documentary "The High Cost Of Low Prices" and Walmart's business practices are among the worst in the world! It used to be fast food jobs were for teenagers just getting into the work force but now you see more and more adults and fewer teens because most teens these days think a job at a fast food place is beneath them. Target is almost as profitable but treat their employees better and you see the difference. Prices are similar and Target is cleaner and has better looking customers and employees. WM looks like you went to the welfare office and found it was loaded with merchandise. Do what I do...whenever life gets you down and you feel like there is no hope....just visit http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ and turn that frown upside down!
Unread October 25th, 2013
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

I like Target and Costco for groceries and then the Ralphs by my house for smaller shopping. I dont like Walmart for groceries...the grocery area is messy and i go at night and the shelfs are half empty...dont get me started on the customer base there..lol have you guys ever been to the Walmart supercenter in Bullhead City AZ?

I admit I dont even consider company corporate policies when I decide where to shop or eat..I do it by my personal experiences and the deciding factors are primarily cost, convenience and product availability. I think Walmart already has a lot of detractors and they are probably pretty close to their saturation point in most areas of the country. I personally dont have any vendetta or dislike for the company. Do they really do anything illegal? being rich is not illegal. We've all worked for an asshole boss at one time in our lives so maybe they are just the asshole boss of retail. The asshole boss usually has to deal with the higher turnover rate. How many people applied to work at the Bella Terra Costco in Hb? I cant remember but it was a crazy amount of people looking for a job.

I did have a client that was a walmart supplier and he stopped doing business with them years ago because they basically tried to rip him off and then had the nerve to try and order from him again.

edit I also know a company that imported/sold to Bloomingdales/Macys and again similar story to walmart. The had so much trouble with bogus backcharges that they sent people to China to make sure the goods were properly shipped and it didnt stop the Bullshit from happening..it was so frustrating that they voluntarily stepped out of the way and let the Chineese supplier deal direct.

editx2. I think you guys all have the cause and effect of Walmart/Mcd employment practices backwards..you guys think that the shit jobs cause them to require govt aide but the truth is that for people on government aide, the only thing they are qualified to do is the shit job. Please give this some thought...in summary they start at the bottom(walmart and Mcds) and either their skills improve and they leave for a better job or they are stuck there forever. Hence when you shop there you are stuck dealing with the worst of the worst in terms of skilled employees. The better ones are long gone.

Last edited by Hugh G. Rexion; October 25th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Unread October 27th, 2013
Senior Dog

needasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to behold

Why does McDonalds owe a "living wage" to anyone. They should pay what the open market will bear. If your job skills are worth $20/hour, then prove it by finding an employer that wants your services at that rate, not by bullying a company into paying it.
I am self-employed, have a college education, and work 60 hours a week. If you want to have a family, then work hard and get the right jobs skills. If McDonalds fry-cook is the best you can do this year, then work hard and become a manager. Or circulate your resume on your day off.
There are too many negative consequences to forcing medium-high wages onto unmotivated and unskilled employees. Next all unskilled employees think they deserve $20/hour. Then the mid-level employees think they deserve $30/hour. The cost of goods goes up and everyone suffers and places go out of business.