Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Unread September 22nd, 2011
VIP User

sua gua is on a distinguished road

HERES A GOOD READ LIKE IT OR NOT!

Here's an opinion piece by Chuck Green who writes "Greener Pastures" for the Denver Post Aurora Sentinel...one of the more liberal papers in the country. Additionally, Mr. Green is a lifelong Democrat...so this is rather a stunning piece...

Obama is victim of Bush's failed promises !

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first term in office:

Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever.
Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever!
Wow ! Talk about change.
Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation's most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America 's first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.
Of course, they don't see it as self-imposed. It's all George Bush's fault ! George Bush, who doesn't have a vote in congress and who no longer occupies The White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama's promise, to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.
He broke Obama's promise, to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.
He broke Obama's promise, to end earmarks.
He broke Obama's promise, to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.
He broke Obama's promise, to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.
He broke Obama's promise, to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.
He broke Obama's promise, to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.
He broke Obama's promise, to end no-compete contracts with the government.
He broke Obama's promise, to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.
He broke Obama's promise, for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.
He broke Obama's promise, to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it's all George Bush's fault ! President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration.
If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of President Obama's problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel .

North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.
Oh, and did I mention what it would be like, if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn't have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks? There would be no ear marks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying ( Nebraska , Louisiana ).
If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, we'd have real change by now.
All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama's fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It's all George Bush's fault !
Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president's attorney general, to hold terrorists' trials in New York City . Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.
Two disastrous decisions.
Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush !
Need more proof?
You might recall that when Scott Brown won the election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts , capturing "The Ted Kennedy Seat", President Obama said, Brown's victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years. And they wanted change.
Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts , was George Bush's fault.
Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats. It is all George Bush's fault !

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive ???
Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something / anything?

(Chuck Green is a veteran Colorado journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post.)
Its Bushes Fault!
Unread October 10th, 2011

solomon is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems we're all fucked here. I watch the news everyday and it feels like a countdown to doomsday. I wish I could spend my time getting handjobs but I'm fucking broke!! This sucks. Sometimes I think I should learn chinese and move to Shanghai, but I don't want to live in China! what would I do there anyway? Are we going to go back to the wild wild west? Maybe its all bullshit, and 5 years from now we'll wonder what the big deal was. Absolutely no certainty in anything anymore. When my favorite providers are more reliable than my job, the US economy, US politicians, the future of our country, the future of my retirement, etc etc, things are bad.
Unread October 11th, 2011
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Agreed Sol. I know people who are having children now. Me, I think things are so unstable I would be hesitant to adopt a puppy now for fear that i would not be able provide for the dog in the long run.

I read internet and newspapers. The knowledge i get I am sure does not help my mental stability i know some very ignorant people and that shit does not bother them. 'No brains, no head aches."

Is it helpful to know that the whole western society is going to collapse in 5 or so years?

Is it helpful to know that in America we now have a caste Society where the top 1% of wealthy people have 27% of the wealth in the country?

What can you do about that situation? Not much. The money has the power. They will stomp you down fast if you go against them.

Maybe you should get rich yourself and join the 1%? What you weren't born rich? Too bad. You could maybe win the lottery or something? Good luck, brother.

Sorry. As for me, I am just a poor serf serving my masters. You can't fight city hall...You can't bounce a square ball." Right?

Last edited by ichi the killer; October 11th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Unread October 11th, 2011
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Cain, now there is a nice Bible name for you. As you recall: In the Bible, Cain is the guy who killed his brother Able over jealousy for God's love because God seemed to favor Able because he worked hard to get his gift for God, where as Able seemed to inherit his gift and he just gave it up. So Cain murdered Able. Republicans profess love of the Bible. I actually read the book at Church. "Res ipso Loquitur" the act speaks for itself. One of my favorite Latin sayings.

Anyways: Regarding 2012 Presidential Republican Potential Candidate Cain's 9 9 9 tax plan. That one may actually help me. I make decent money. It would definitely help the rich, they would pay less than they do now. It would definitely fuck the working poor who may not pay any income tax under existing tax law as they are barely making it as it is. Under Cain's plane the poor would pay 9% of any income, 9% of any State income, 95 on consumption. 27%. Where as now they are below poverty line and they pay zero tax, Surprise! A Republican plan that helps the rich and fucks the poor. How novel is that?

GOP stands for Fuck The Poor.

Last edited by ichi the killer; October 11th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Unread October 12th, 2011

One thing I can't figure out is regarding the Chinese currency manipulation. They are certainly manipulating their currency, and its putting us out of business because US companies can't compete with their prices. However, if the yuan were to get revalued at 30-40% more, wouldn't that also fuck us over. All the Chinese made goods would now cost that much more. Also, China then could really start purchasing raw materials, foreign land, commodities at a substantial discount to what they pay now. Here's my 2 bit prediction, China will in the next few years revalue their currency as we have been begging them to, but when they do, they will already have driven us out as competitors in just about every industry, then when we have no productive capability and are reliant on them for more than just cheap crap, then boom, prices will inflate dramatically in dollar terms and we are fucked. They will flip the switch on us, and before we know it, we are 3rd world and they are the new empire. They will soon take over all steel, the US is barely surviving in that industry now, they will take over solar, and they already own almost all the rare earth metals. They own trillion+ of our debt. They are buying up property all over US, South America, Africa and Asia, much of it agricultural land.
Right now, they may have over capacity and not enough demand domestically, which may cause a temporary slowdown in the near future, but that will be just a blip. We, on the other hand, can't get any growth unless its spurred by massive stimulus. Another one on the way in the next 6 months. They are kicking our ass. But now, they are big enough to take over sometime in the not so distant future as the next superpower.
I really hope that I'm completely wrong. Someone please point out my err in thinking and give me some hope for this country. Thank you.

And to Ichi,
I agree, I can't imagine starting a family now. It's a great thing, but things are so uncertain now. And regarding the people who don't have a clue, it just amazing me how clueless some "adults" are to what's going on in the world. Its as if they haven't read a newspaper in their life. I may not know everything, and I may be wrong about everything, but I am at least aware of current events. I find it scary how so many "adults", many with kids, don't have a clue. Especially today, the information age.
VIP User

Sol, they are not interested to know. the public largely are the "zombies" that the Occupy Wall Street speak of. Just consumers who live from day to day supporting a capitalist system that does not help or care for the middle class/working poor.

The distinction between "middle class" and "poor" in America is starting to blur, actually.

Question? If you are 2 paychecks away from utter financial ruin are you "middle class" or "poor?" I don't know too many people who have 6 months money socked away for an emergency.

Regarding China. I am no economic expert by any means. Just a dabbler who reads things. If they reassessed the Yaun and made it more expensive relative to the dollar 1. it would raise the price of Chinese exports, thus hurting the Chinese economy. It would make American exports more competitive relative to China exports

2. It would really piss off China. China, as you recall, owns much of the United States Debt. China=rich. America=poor.

China could call in their debt. "Hey round eye assholes! You want to play rough? Give us our money back now! Just wire it in to our account this afternoon and we are square." I kind of don't think we have the money to pay off the deficit. At least that is what I am reading. we spent it all on space exploration, war on drugs and war on terror.
Senior Dog

Velovelo is on a distinguished road

I read that President Obama blamed the latest earthquake on the previous adminstration. After checking with Caltech and the USGS he declared it to be caused by Bush's fault.
Senior Dog

Lector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond repute

Velovelo your IQ is so low you're fit for the GOP zombie army. It is Michelle Bachmann that connects hurricanes to Our President's policies. Do you also believe the earth is flat and you'll bask in heaven?
You guys are screwed. The religious right will have to vote for a Morrond, sorry a Mormon, which will pick a black Cain as running mate. This is so Antichrist!
Unread December 27th, 2011
Senior Dog

trooth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by needasianspinner View Post
Ichi, the USPS is failing because they cannot compete. They have the a massive amount of staff that are lazy, unmotivated, over-paid, and cannot be fired. They have failed to compete with FedEx and UPS for a long time. Unions were important 50 years ago, but they are no longer needed. They are only used to extort bloated wages and benefits.
I thought you weren't going to rant anymore. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
Spinner,
You're wrong on both counts.
The USPS provides an excellent service for a very reasonable price. Less than 50 cents to send a letter anywhere in the country in one to three days. Can Fedex or UPS do that? Of course not.
The reason they can't make a consistent profit is because Congress routinely steals from the USPS balance sheet.
And if you think unions are worthless today, then why the hell do professional athletes need their unions. They're making 20 million a year in baseball. And the fans keep going to games and buying 12 dollar beers and 5 dollar hot-dogs.