Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Unread October 22nd, 2013
VIP User

willb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud of

So I guess Mc Donald's are capitalist or welfare queens ? Considering the US government supports it's workers with 1.2 billion of tax payers money ..

McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4136336.html
Unread October 23rd, 2013
VIP User

wolfman2009 has a spectacular aura aboutwolfman2009 has a spectacular aura aboutwolfman2009 has a spectacular aura about

Mcdonalds of course are capitalists. I am sure they paid big bucks for Obamas re election and he is paying them back. He raised over a trillion dollars. Like he says. Reward your friends and punish your enemies.
VIP User

willb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud ofwillb has much to be proud of

I'm sure MC Donald's was taking advantage of the government and it's employees way before President Obama was elected. They didt start paying low wages when Obama got elected.

If you took time to read the article Mc Donald's pays here employees such low wages they need to seek government assistance (food stamps, medical care, etc.) I order to survive .
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

The great thing about America is you dont have to eat at mcdonalds, you can go to in-n-out instead!!

If you dont like all the rules and regulations you can just be self employed and cheat on your taxes and live on the fringe. For the most part, its still a voluntary system we live in.

If you dont like living in a blue state you can move to a red state and vice versa. This thread reminds me of the old ford vs chevy arguement and how worked up guys get defending their choice car and how much better theirs is but its still just a car.
VIP User

I see your point Hugh, but I disagree ..I think companies like Mc Donald's , not paying employees a living wage, so they need government assistance does a dis service to everyone. Not matter what fast food place you choose to eat. Companies like apple who hide profits overseas and manufacture overseers hurts everyone living in red or blue states and companies like GE who hide behind so many tax shelters they don't pay any corporate taxes ..

Most red states call for less government, but states like Alabama , Kentucky , Texas could not survive without government assistance .

Companies like in and out, nordstrom , etc.. Pay a decent living wage. And are not a drain of government resources.
Senior Dog

asiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really nice

I know this post won't be popular with everyone here, but when I was young, with just a high school education, and raising a family too large for my salary, you know what I did? I got a second job. Did it for 11 years. Went back to school too, at the same time. I didn't expect my entry-level jobs to accommodate my life choices, I took that responsibilty on myself. As time wore on, I got better jobs, and was finally able to stop working the second job. If I were still working as a low grade clerk or a security guard, I might still be working 7 days a week with double-shifts. I have little sympathy for people who say they want a better job, but do nothing to make that happen. "Oh, I'm too tired because I work a full-time job." Tell me about tired! I'm not a Republican, and I'm considerably more liberal than I used to be, but I think we have become a way too "entitled" society. Since when does an employer "owe" you a living wage? The employer owes you only for the work you do, and if the value of that work is small, or the skill required to do it is minimal, then the pay will be in line with that. And if McDonald's makes everyone part-time, then they have plenty of time to do something else too. If a jerk like me can do it, ANYONE can!
VIP User

MPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond repute

Mainstream media doesn't single out blacks in fact they skew the truth because they don't accurately report the real stories for fear of being called racist. Perfect example is the Trayvon Martin BS. Only showing the pictures of him as a kid and never allowing equal time for the people that were for Mr Zimmerman. If the news allowed someone to say Zimmerman is innocent they were automatically considered racist. Even our black president said "if I had a kid he'd look like me". There is no more weight to the race card any longer it used to be an ace of spades (no pun intended) but now it's more like a 2 of hearts. How can there be racism when most of the public voted for a black man? I voted for him the first term because I thought he was the best candidate. Now I know better since he signed the NDAA, covered up Benghazi and countless other things. So if you want to label me a racist because I don't like his politics then I will wear the label with pride. I don't dislike blacks...I just don't like 1 black guy and his initials are BO
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

I could care less about how much government aid the workers in the fast food industry receive. My point was that its great live in a country where we have freedom to chose. And if enough people share your views and act similar to you then things will change. Its like if you love BBBJ then dont go to an amp that only does CBJ. And dont come on MPR and bitch that you only got CBJ cause you were to cheap to pay for the BBBJ. If no one accepted CBJ then there would only be BBBJ in the world and the world would be a better place!
Unread October 24th, 2013
VIP User

wolfman2009 has a spectacular aura aboutwolfman2009 has a spectacular aura aboutwolfman2009 has a spectacular aura about

WillB,

Mcdonalds or jobs in the fast food industry is not a job that you should expect a living wage. This job is for low skilled people or a temporary job so people can more to something else. Not work at mcdonalds for a career.

To the people that say we need to pay them a living wage lets say 15-20 and hour. Sounds nice but progressives don't understand there is a chain reaction to raising the price. Now instead of the $4 burger. They have to raise the price to $8 burger. Many people especially the minorities feed their kids and families at mcdonalds because it is affordable. If the burgers are no longer affordable. Less people will come and not be able to feed their families. ALso Mcdonalds will lose most of their business. People go there because it is cheap and fast. Who wants a $8 burger. I dont and if I did I would go to a real restaurant.

People need to get new skills not try to raise a family working at mcdonalds. Actaully if you make minimum wage you should not be having kids because you cant even support yourself.
Unread October 25th, 2013
Senior Dog

Lector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond repute

bullshit. it's all because of Corporate greed. Costco pays fair wages, provides health insurance, retains its employees, and is always very profitable. Walmart has to renew a third of its workforce every year, pays minimum wages, fights the unions, no health insurance, only part time work so no benefits, we taxpayers foot the bill to assist all their Staff at poverty level, and guess where the money goes? Quite a few Walmart family heirs are the richest in the country. If the fortune hadn't been split, it would beat Bill Gates. You paid for that, my friend!
now go eat at In n out, they are Costco-like, boycott MacD, and all the big fast fooders who, on top of it, make shit for food.