Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Closed Thread
Unread July 26th, 2012
Senior Dog

hornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant future

There never going to outlaw guns here in the US nor do I feel they should. They do need some common sense laws though and stop listening to the stupid people. There are some assault weapons that with the right ammo can penetrate walls like a hot knife through butter. If I or my neighbor has one and gets into a shoot out we can wind up killing our neighbors on either side with missed shots, that doesn't make any sense. Why is there also a need for any kind of automatic weapon, 1 bullet can kill someone just as easy as 50 rounds, the later is for mass murder.

They do need to add some common sense laws into the books, the problem is no one has any common sense anymore. Too many wacko's out there preparing for the end of the world come December and stalking up on bullets, those people make me nervous.
Unread July 26th, 2012
Senior Dog

hornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
Sorry Yag. I was drowning my shoulder pain in beer. You tell by the typo's.
Ahhhhh, drowning pain in beer, one of my favorite past times

Your the last person that ever has to apologize for anything Ichi
Unread July 27th, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPkid View Post
We still don't know how many of the 16,000 were committed by legal gun owner or criminals. My guess is mostly criminals are shooting people. Here is an excerpt from a website showing gun related crimes in US vs. Knife related crimes in UK.

In or about 2006, there were about 60 million (actually closer to 58M, but we'll use the rounded-up number to be kind to hopolophobes) people in the UK as a whole, including Scotland.

In England and Wales alone — discounting Scotland — there were over 163 thousand knife crimes.

By the end of 2006, there were more than 300 million people in the US as a whole.

In the US as a whole, there were fewer than 400 thousand gun crimes.

In the UK, based on these numbers, there was one knife crime committed for every 374 people (rounded down).

In the US, based on these numbers, there was one gun crime committed for every 750 people — less than half a gun crime per 374 people (about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people, actually).

That means that, based on these statistics, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

Here is a link to the website I found these stats. http://sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323

I think people will kill people no matter what the gun laws are. You said yourself chimps kill each other and not one of them owned a gun. I can only speak for myself but I would rather have a gun and not need it then need a gun and not have it. If it ever comes down to me having to defend my home and family I like my chances better with a Glock and a Mossberg 12 gauge within reach because I know whoever is coming into my house at night isn't coming empty handed. Don't get me wrong, I am all for making the penalties stiffer for those that commit crimes with guns. But we all know that won't make a criminal stop to think before pulling their piece.
MPkid: Have you ever seen a stabbing victim? Have you ever seen a gunshot victim? I have seen plenty of both. If I had the choice I would rather be stabbed, your chances of survival are about 99% better. Less internal damage from a low velocity knife than a high velocity bullet. Any trauma surgeon would tell you the same thing.

Many of the gun hmicides were committed by law abiding good citizens until one they "cracked" like our friend James Holmes of Colorado. He was a good citizen until he walked into that theater and shot a bunch of people. those Columbine teenagers were just average missfits till they armed themsevles to to teeth with forearms and shot a bunch of people. How about the husband who finds his wife in bed with another man? Model citizen till that day then he commited a double homicide and a suicide. Law abiding citizens exercising their contitutional right to own a gun.

Do you really think James Holmes was concerned with the legal consiquences of his actions? He was wearing full body tactical armor. Nobody was going to take him down. The remedy is to make guns much harder to acquire. Gun control.

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 27th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Unread July 27th, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyag101 View Post
Ahhhhh, drowning pain in beer, one of my favorite past times

Your the last person that ever has to apologize for anything Ichi
Thanks yag.
Unread July 27th, 2012
VIP User

MPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond reputeMPkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
MPkid: Have you ever seen a stabbing victim? Have you ever seen a gunshot victim? I have seen plenty of both. If I had the choice I would rather be stabbed, your chances of survival are about 99% better. Less internal damage from a low velocity knife than a high velocity bullet. Any trauma surgeon would tell you the same thing.

Many of the gun hmicides were committed by law abiding good citizens until one they "cracked" like our friend James Holmes of Colorado. He was a good citizen until he walked into that theater and shot a bunch of people. those Columbine teenagers were just average missfits till they armed themsevles to to teeth with forearms and shot a bunch of people. How about the husband who finds his wife in bed with another man? Model citizen till that day then he commited a double homicide and a suicide. Law abiding citizens exercising their contitutional right to own a gun.

Do you really think James Holmes was concerned with the legal consiquences of his actions? He was wearing full body tactical armor. Nobody was going to take him down. The remedy is to make guns much harder to acquire. Gun control.
There is no solution that we all can agree on. If they put more restrictions on legal gun owners / buyers that won't slow down the criminals. I can't go to the local gun shop and buy a 50 cal machine gun but for $8000 you said you can buy one on the street. They are now talking about banning long pointed knives in Great Brittan because there are so many people being stabbed with them. Where will it end? I'd still rather have a gun to protect myself and family home. Do you own a gun?
Unread July 27th, 2012
VIP User

I have owned guns before. I have told these stories on this site before but hell...why not. Here goes.

When I was in my early 20's I lived at home with my mother. I bought a couple Jenning/Raven Arms 22 auto "pee shooter" cheap pistols from a licensed gun dealer. I paid the fee, took the test etc. Those guns were shit. They would jam very easy. Good enough for a quick murder at close range though.

My nephew started to think he was a "gangster." He stole both of the guns from where I had them. I did not notice them missing. My nephew the most incompetent idiot criminal there ever was standing on the corner with one of his wanabe tough guy friends. They were both 16. He accidentally discharged the gun in his pocket. Shot his stupid friend right in the chest. Friend went to the hospital "same one I worked at in those days" and got a thorocotomy. He survived. Police asked me if I wanted the gun back. "No thanks" I said. They got rid of it. The other gun never showed up. I reported it stolen. It turned up a few years later in San Gabriel being used to rob liquor stores. I did not get another gun for about 10 years after that.

I bought a Berretta pistol when I was 31. I used to take it to the shooting range. I liked the "click-clack" of loading a round in the chamber. One day my first wife caught me cheating on her. She [the Chinese one} had a ferocious temper. We had words in the living room, she started breaking my shit, my surf boards etc. She ran in the bedroom to where I had the gun in a drawer. I was a little slow to understand what she was doing but then I thought of it "the gun!" I was right behind her. She threw open the drawer, grabbed the gun, slapped a loaded magazine in the handle. She had her back to me as she did this. She did it quick, she knows how to handle weapons. I heard the sound I liked so much "click-clack!" as she chambered a round and spun around to confront me.

The barrel was pointed at my chest for a split second, I pushed the barrel down and away with my right hand and grabbed the hammer with the web of my left hand. That bitch pulled the trigger, the hammer pinched my hand. The gun did not discharge. I took the gun from her, she being 105 pounds and me 196 in those days. My lucky day I guess. I sold that gun ASAP after that through a licensed gun dealer. I bet my wife would have been full of remorse after I took a round in the chest. "Oh shit! I am sorry!" Boo Hoo! True stories. I don't own a gun now. Crazy people with bad tempers should not have access to guns. How ever it is not a crime to be either crazy or have a bad temper.

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 28th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Unread July 29th, 2012
VIP User

I was reading an editorial today. I know this is not going to impress some of you "pro gun rights" dudes. But here goes. This editorial was from a guy from the Ukraine. In the Ukraine all fire arms are illegal for any civilian to own. Guess what? They have no gun crime, no massacres in theaters, no drive by shootings from gang members, no suicides from distraught gun owners. Why? Because you cannot own a gun in the Ukraine. Strict gun control. Filthy communist pigs maybe, but they don't have a gun problem.

You know how many gunshot victims I encountered in my 12 hour shifts 3x a week at my job that I personally took care of last month? 3. And I don't work at a big hospital. These all happened around in the valley area and those are just the ones I personally took care of. There were many more. Just in the valley area.

But don't worry; politicians of both stripes don't have the balls to take on the NRA and the gun industry. Remember "The Brady Bill?" Brady the one who took a bullet to the dome back when Reagan got shot. There still is no gun control and it has been 30 years since then. Things have only gotten worse. I think what we are witnessing is the disintegration of society as we know it. Right now. Before our very eyes. Status quo continue.
Unread July 29th, 2012
VIP User

today the news is a father of 2 in Mass. shot his 2 young children in the had and then killed himself. I wonder if he would have used a knife to kill his beloved children? A knife is a lot more personal to kill some one with than a gun. The 4 year old daughter died. The good news: The 7 year old son is not dead. He is just now a permanant vegitable in a hospital due to his brain injury from daddy's gun. The man was a law abiding citizen. No police record.

http://youtu.be/SDTZ7iX4vTQ gun song "Pumped up Kicks" "All the other kids with the pumped up kicks better run, better run faster than my gun. Out run my bullets!" Cool in a psychadelic kind of way. Sign of the times
Unread September 4th, 2012
VIP User

OK, so the Republicans are upset because the Obama's are fighting a dirty gutter style campaign. LOL! Isn't that the same Republican slime machine who "swift boated' John Kerry so effectively in 2004?

Regarding referring to the Republican Ryan's comments in his speaches to Joeseph Goebles the WWII nazi propagandist. Hey that is history. It is true. It happened. Goebles said/wrote the strategy of the "Big Lie."

The theory goes: If you say a big lie and just repeat it on the media enough times the sheep in the public flock will start to believe it because they would think "IT must be true. I heard it on Fox News network. They can't say things that are untrue on national television." Things like: Obama was not born in the USA, Obamacare will raise your taxes. Obama is actually a Muslum. ETC.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
Unread September 4th, 2012
Senior Dog

It truly is troubling the things I hear from members of my own family. The other day I heard my brother rambling about Obama being a Muslim. I told him he is the worst Muslim ever since he drinks alcohol and smokes, 2 things Romney doesn't do.

I even got an e-mail from my "religious" cousin showing signs that are clearly photo shopped with Muslims calling for death and destruction, all the signs are clearly in the same script or the signs are just added in. I really don't understand all this hate mongering from so-called religious people but historically it always happens.

I tell my brother to be weary of everything he reads on the internet but the truth is he just wants to believe. I have even shown him proof of lies he has read about through e-mails but he is blind to anything that is not what he believes.

He knows I listen to conservative radio every so often but I also listen to liberal media sources as well when elections are coming up. He asks me how I can listen to that liberal garbage but I just tell him that I am smart enough to dig through the garbage of each to find nuggets of truth. I tell him that to only listen to one source is to not be looking for new information, but instead to get affirmation of what you already believe in.

Oh well, what are you going to do? I try to get them to think for themselves but the truth is a lot of people don't want to do that, they are only concerned with being right. We live in a Narcissistic society now anyway so should we really be surprised if people are not concerned with others?
Closed Thread