Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Massage 411

Massage 411 Massage Info, Therapeutic Massage

Unread February 26th, 2013
Junior Puppy

sama1 is infamous around these parts
Default Tipping for legit

Just curious. What is the amount that you should tip for a good legit massage?
How Does it differ for 30 or 60 Minutes?
Senior Dog

asiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really nice

Is there such a thing as a legit 30 minute massage? You really need an hour to get a decent body massage. When I'm asked, "one hour or half hour?" I'm thinking they do extras. That said, for a good legit (one hour) massage, I tip $20. Doesn't matter if the massage itself cost $80 or $25, the tip will be $20. I only tip less than that if the job is shitty.

I know some guys will say, "no, asiansam! You're-Ruining-It-For-Everyone! They won't squeeze our wieners for $20 if you tip them that for just a massage."

All I've got to say is, if you're so cheap as to leave a measly $10, $5 (or less) tip for a good one hour massage, then I'm glad I'm ruining it for you. Some of you guys tip like chicks in a nail salon.
Junior Puppy

sama1 is infamous around these parts

Thanks Sam, That's what I was thinking. If my schedule is really tight, I might opt for the 30 minute. I don't necessiarily think that offering a 30 minute session in an indication that more is available. Maybe if I go a few times I'll find out, but I'm going for the massage.
Senior Dog

mahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond repute

I think $20 is pretty standard for a full body massage for one hour. I usually tip $15 for a foot massage. I cant comment on a thirty minute massage cause there are very little therapuetic benefits for thirty, plus the math doesnt make sense to me. $40 for thirty and $20 for thirty minutes more or if you get to little Saigon, you have several $30/hr choices tat seem happy with a $15 tip. Arent most thirty minute appointments just a quicky R&T?
Unread February 27th, 2013
VIP User

8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold8934217892008 is a splendid one to behold

my ex girlfriend gave massages at the legit massage school place where they earned their hours to get a license. For an hour she'd get tipped from $5 to $20. Most common was $10. I went there too and one chick had horrible gas and talked to her son on the cellphone who called 4 times. She got no tip and that's what her session deserved!

For legit tip what feels right. We're not there to put them thru college and support their illegitimate son.
Senior Dog

Velovelo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8934217892008 View Post
For legit tip what feels right. We're not there to put them thru college and support their illegitimate son.
Could you please not use "illegitimate" when refering to children? Seems unfair to stain a kid for the actions of their parents.

Tips for legitimate massage depend on the door fee for me. I always get at least an hour and tip at least $25 when service is better than normal. I have tipped $100 when the service was over the top good. If the hour is $25 I figure the lady can't be getting much of that, so I don't mind throwing $30 or $40 in tips.

If a woman is going to push my body around for an hour she is worth it, without extras.

I once had a terrible massage and left $1 just so she would not think I "forgot" her. Like leaving a nickle when you get shitty service at a diner you will never see again.

You will find that you get superior service when you return to a place where you tipped slightly more than the usual $10 or $20 legit girls receive. You may not get "extras," but you will receive a damn better massage than the cheapster who thinks $10 will make their day.
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

I just do $20 and I dont try to grab at them like all you perverts do. Thats good enough to make almost all the fobby ladies at the cheap legit places happy to see you again.
Unread March 1st, 2013
VIP User

Da Feiji is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I leave 20$ for legit massages mainly because I have had a personal glimpse into the lives of these women and see what a crappy life many of them lead. A few times that has paid off in 'extra' attention even in parlors that are strictly legit usually resulting in a quiet HJ under the towel or a trip to a local motel after work.
Unread March 4th, 2013
Senior Dog

needasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to beholdneedasianspinner is a splendid one to behold

Last week I went to a legit Torrance chinese foot/body shop. I have gone on and off for several years. The girl at the front was new and did not know me. One hour used to be $35, but had recently changed to $40. She took me to the room (no door, just a pony wall and curtains) and then she laid out the pajama shorts. I don't like sharing underwear, so I just used the towel. She came back and insisted I wear the shorts, so I put on my boxers. She asks if I want young boy or young girl (who asks for a young boy?). I said girl. She sends in the masseuse who turns out to be old and fat and very inexperienced. It was a waste of my time and money. I tried to be patient, hoping her skills would improve, but the massage was worthless. One full hour of pushing my skin around. So the hour is up, the masseuse left and I did not see her again. So I left an $8 tip on the table. I know that is cheap, but I cant reward someone that provides a lousy experience.
So I head for the front door and the girl at the front stops me and is trying to say something. I don't understand her but I think she wants to know where the tip is. She makes a phone call and hands me the phone. I know this guys voice as he has been at the front for years. He too has a heavy accent, but again I think I am being lectured about leaving a tip.
Tips are to show appreciation for excellent service. I don't like when people assume they are entitled to a tip just for showing up. Learn your craft, treat your customer like a king, then you have earned your tip.
Unread March 5th, 2013
Senior Dog

asiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by needasianspinner View Post
Last week I went to a legit Torrance chinese foot/body shop. I have gone on and off for several years. The girl at the front was new and did not know me. One hour used to be $35, but had recently changed to $40. She took me to the room (no door, just a pony wall and curtains) and then she laid out the pajama shorts. I don't like sharing underwear, so I just used the towel. She came back and insisted I wear the shorts, so I put on my boxers. She asks if I want young boy or young girl (who asks for a young boy?). I said girl. She sends in the masseuse who turns out to be old and fat and very inexperienced. It was a waste of my time and money. I tried to be patient, hoping her skills would improve, but the massage was worthless. One full hour of pushing my skin around. So the hour is up, the masseuse left and I did not see her again. So I left an $8 tip on the table. I know that is cheap, but I cant reward someone that provides a lousy experience.
So I head for the front door and the girl at the front stops me and is trying to say something. I don't understand her but I think she wants to know where the tip is. She makes a phone call and hands me the phone. I know this guys voice as he has been at the front for years. He too has a heavy accent, but again I think I am being lectured about leaving a tip.
Tips are to show appreciation for excellent service. I don't like when people assume they are entitled to a tip just for showing up. Learn your craft, treat your customer like a king, then you have earned your tip.

I agree. Lousy service = lousy tip. It's supposedly a professional business with trained employees, not a massage school. If the employee doesn't care enough to learn her craft before charging money for it, then fuck her and the MP she works at.