Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > Politics, World Affairs

Politics, World Affairs Change up the chat and talk about important issues of the world

Closed Thread
Unread December 25th, 2011
Banned

truthmon has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Alot of wasteful spending by all-the country has a real problem.
Break down of national dept:Bush first 6 yrs 2 1/2 trillion added
Bush with Pelosi speaker last 2 yrs 1 1/2 trillion.Bush did veto
Pelosi massive Omibus spending bill.Right after Obama sighed the
stimiless bill-Pelosi repassed the omibus bill and Obama sighed without
fanfare.Obama so far in 3 years added 5 trillion to debt.
IMO I see only two ways out .Continue spending at these rates and
let it lead to double didget inflation to cheapen the debt(govts problem
becomes ave citizens problem).Or have large spending cuts and endore
that pain-but with a shorter duration.That is what the 2012 election
will decide-don't you think?
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

What would you suggest they cut? Welfare? Healthcare safety net for poor people? Medicare? Military? Social security? What is left to cut?

The situation we are in now in a simplistic anology is like this: A guy takes home say 6 thou per month [just an anology] His house is 3 thousand per month, car payment is 500 per month, insurance is 100 a month, gas is 200 a month, food is 600 per month, electricity, trash,gas water, HOA =700 per month= Grand total necesary spending=5100.
That leaves 900 descretionary spending money.

His wife runs up the credit cards. Now his credit card bills are 600 per month. Ok. He takes home 72 thousand a year but is effectively broke. What should he cut? Food? Car? Housing? Either that or he needs to make more money. What a conundrum.
Banned

I agree Ichi.We are in too deep.I think if you cut just a little from everything that would be a reasonible start.Then cut 10% from the
size of the govt would go along way to resolve problem.At that point
it would make sense to raise taxes on the higher earners as things would
be on firmer ground.Yes there would be some pain but the outlook
would be brighter.I travelled lots seen very high inflation take its toll.
I would think if people realize what this does to the middle class and
poor it would be avoided at all costs.
Unread December 27th, 2011
Senior Dog

trooth is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
Newt is involved with "big dog/dirty dog" Fanny Mae/ Freddy Mac, so it would follow maybe he has his dirty little paw in Countrywides as well.

I been talking to the Republican doctors in a neutral way. The doc's I been talking to mostly don't think Newt will ultimately get the nomination. Even they think Newt is too sleazy and nuts. They think Romney will get it.

I have not been studying Romney yet. I may have to change my target of attack. I don't hate Romney as much as Newt, maybe because I don't know that much about Romney yet. One thing for sure. I hate Newt and everything he stands for.
Your doctors have it mostly right. Newt is a loose canon and shoots from the hip. His opinions are like Cheney's bullet sprays when he hunts for birds. They fly off in all directions. And he sure is sleazy and unstable. The Dems would have to run someone un-electable for Newt to have a chance at the Presidency. The Reps would never give Newt the nomination.

For me, I would rather see Newt run against the Dems than Romney. For the entertainment factor. But I really don't want to see a hatchet man like Romney running the country. He knows very little about creating jobs and a lot about eliminating jobs. And he's an enigma. A Republican who governed Massachusetts. Wild.
Unread January 1st, 2012
Senior Dog

Lector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond reputeLector has a reputation beyond repute

nothruthman, gotta be little more witty than that! insults won't make you friends 'round here. come on! apply yourself!
your special case intrigues me. so you don't like Bush, but did you vote for him? I somewhat don't see you having voted for Kerry (the real war hero).
Anyway, old news...
Today, the Pubes have no one to turn to. They went for every flavor of the month to try to avoid Morron Rumney, and now they're into Santorum! (gotta google that name to know what he stands for! Thanks Dan Savage!) Why is that? Because they are all very low IQ and very high EGO.
Who are they trying so desperately to replace? a truly higher intellect, a great orator, a true american dream story like Clinton, but, come on, he's black! he must not know what he's doing! yes, racism is still very much prevalent in a Pube's mind.
I'm not going to make the long list of everything Obama has accomplished before he was obstructed by the meanest, despicable band of Pubes ever elected to Congress. He saved the country and the world from ever harsher economical ruin. And he had to step in it even before his inauguration. I'm mad at him for not pushing for even more reforms in the financial sector (thank you Barney F. and Elizabeth Warren for standing up as long as you could!) and giving up on the single payer idea. His policies lately have been taken straight from the Pubes' agenda and they still opposed them! Let's be honest here. They'd rather sink the country 1 more year to hope to avoid a 2nd glorious Obama term. I call that treason. Hang 'em high!
Government is NOT the problem. Government is your friend and protection against the 1% or the rascals who would make you breathe asbestos to save a buck. But the Pubes have bled the coffers to make themselves richer, and now we have bad roads, one of the world 's worst healthcare system, education in crisis, overcrowded prisons... Open your eyes! why would you allow the Waltons of Walmart to hijack this country? 6 members of the Walton family have the same net worth as the bottom 30% of American families combined! Make them pay their due share in taxes (pre-Regan) or the people will eventually march in and claim their cake....
Unread January 1st, 2012
Banned

I see what leechman wants. What someone else earns-and he doesnt
even try to deguise it. Facts are all wrong as well as his logic applied.
Leechman I know you cant deny it your a Dem across the board
and your here to read all the talking points you are brain washed to
recite-regardless how rediculous some of that is. Like I said I am
an independent and not shackled by any of that nonsence.But this
time around I cant vote for anyone that added 5 trillion to the
national debt in 3 years who called Bush incompetant for running
up 4 trillion in additional debt in 8 years. Thats not a racial thing
its just common sence.Oh and Leech if you were suggesting I might
want to be your friend ,forget that I have minimum intelligence standards ,and you dont come close to meeting that.
Unread January 2nd, 2012
Senior Dog

The debt grew because the gov't blew up the economy in 2008. So there was no revenue and extra spending to try to keep the economy from crashing again. But O'Bama has lowered taxes throughout his term, so he has my vote. I just don't see Romney beeting O'Bama. The Reps blew it by not finding a winning candidate. I think they should focus on the Senate and stop wasting energy trying to defeat O'Bama.
Unread January 2nd, 2012
Banned

It is scary that a strong candidate has not emerged against Obama
yet but in the end he must and will be beat.Obamas policy stiffles economic growth and job creation.Big government does that-take
a look at unemployment rates in Europe, very high even before
their debt crisis.
So what does the big government guy do to make sure his dismal
record is not the focus of the election.Blame the rich guy because
they are earning money that belongs to someone else-or something
like that.Now the facts that 50% of Americans dont pay any Federal
income tax-while the top 1% pay about 60% of the entire federal
tab.And they employ millions.Now the fun thing is this top 1% has
total wealth of about 1 and 1/2 trillion.Take everything they own
and make from them and it equals to 1 full year of an Obama
deficit.Then what would you do with the millions working
for them-let them work for the govt and have the tax payer
pay their salary?That surely wont be the 50% that dont
pay any federal taxes.
Without growing the economy tax breaks do nothing but
make it feel like someone is looking down on you and
throwing you a bone.No thanks to this- we definately
need a change at the top.
Unread January 2nd, 2012
Senior Dog

TM, you are blinded by your emotions like most of the electorate. The biggest increase in the size of the federal gov't ever was achieved under Rep control from 2001 through 2006. The political lobby industry skyrocketed, defense spending surged, no-bid contracts became an acceptable standard, we got the department of homeland security - a massive bloated bureaucracy, huge increases in medicare spending (thanks to the Big Pharma lobby) and Wall Street which spun completely out of control, while forgetting how to manage risk. When the entire banking system reaches the brink of collapse, you know something is fucked up with financial regulation (can you spell 'Phil Gramm'?).

What did you expect to happen when the deficit spending trajectory had been set in concrete, and then the economy crashed and burned? Did you think it would heal itself with austerity measures? You 'Conservatives' have no clue how close we came to another Depression.

Obviously we need to get back on a track of debt reduction (as we were before W got elected), but it takes time. And it takes a combination of spending cuts and revenue increases. If you think it can be done only with spending cuts, you're nuts - just like the Tee party.

At least O'Bama wants to lower taxes for 98% of the population. He has been brutally consistent about this. The Reps would like to raise taxes on most of the population (by 'flattening' out the tax code) and they'd like to lower taxes for the top 2%. If there wasn't such extreme income inequality and such dire poverty in this country I would fully support them. But their policies are completely misguided when considered in any historical context of the past 100 years. The Reps are the party of the rich. Pure and simple. The only party who supports and defends the middle class is the Dems. I ain't a 'party guy', but I see things the way they are.

The prevailing wisdom during the W years was that deficits don't matter. I think your grand wizard Mr. Cheney stated that. Well of course they don't matter for the rich (or the elite). They only matter for the masses. If you think Romneycare or any other Rep solution is going to restore fiscal responsibility to this country, you are sadly mistaken. Your party has demonstrated that they are incapable of managing the economy, and they're not too slick at foreign policy either (e.g. Iraq 2003-2008). If the Reps in Congress would govern rather than obstruct, then the country would begin moving in the right direction. It is a pattern that whenever a Dem is in the WH, the Reps feel the need to spend 8 years trying to discredit and impeach the poor bastard. (Where is that birth certificate?) What a huge waste of time and resources.

You guys desperately want to occupy the WH, but you always seem to choose dummies as your candidate post Reagan/Bush 41. Except for JC (who was pathetic), the country has done fairly well under Dem presidents for the past 60 years.

You really want to see a 6 month debate of Romneycare versus O'bamacare? LMAO
Unread January 2nd, 2012
Banned

Trooth finally an arguement that has some merit-I applaud that.Again
I will state I am an independent and dont have a stake in either party.
I will say both Reagan and Clinton did alot of good for the people of
this country.Bush jr. didnt and Obamas policys are spiraling the country
toward total collapse.On every count the country is worse off than
when Bush left office.Hes worse than even Carter as he he governs
by his idolology-and would continue to do so if given 4 more years.
Things are so screwed up now-but I have faith in the American
people to find a candidate that would give us a better fate.
Face it Trooth neither your or my vote doesnt count if we
are not in a swing state-where this election will be decided.
I am optimistic because Obama is polling in the toilet in the
12 swing states.
Closed Thread