Go Back   Massage Parlor Reviews Forum - MPReviews.com > PUBLIC COMMUNITY > General Discussion

General Discussion General massage review info

Unread May 17th, 2012
VIP User

thabigm
Default new MP coming

okay my fellow mongers, thinking of investing in an amp. not an already existing one, but starting a new one.

ive been a monger for years. ive seen highs and lows in the massage business. were in a tough economy, and fees and tips have lowered but is seems that service and looks have gone down too. i think you could get the service and looks back and not be cheap but not be overly expensive.

so what do you think? give me some of your ideas, wants, and advice? even some geographic locations in the la, oc, sgv, or ie.

i have my own idea of what would be a great amp and succesful as well as staying under the radar with LE. but let me hear from you??
Unread May 17th, 2012
VIP User

bostonguy

I might join you if you (and I) were NOT mongers... certain to wear out ourselves and the girls with "free services".... bad business strategy in the long run.. might be fun in the short time!
Unread May 18th, 2012
Junior Puppy

Littlepeepee

Where are you looking to start one?
Problem is you need to have licensed massage therapists and be in compliance with city and state rules. Plus, since the girls are licensed they want to be paid hourly, so they're on payroll and you need to have workers comp. That is why the girls are older. Most places have a hard time getting all licensed therapist so they mix it up with licensed and nonlicensed. In California, they won't use many young girls on visiting visas cause ICE does checks to.

I know a place for sale in garden grove.
Unread May 18th, 2012
A+ Reviewer

dogwalker99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Every single AMP I've been to has significant, but easily correctable, problems: bad CL and BP advertisements, bad attitudes, bad music, too bright, noisy, hard tables, upselling, cheap lotion/oil, poor appearance, garlic beath, etc... I have to believe that any of these would negatively impact profits. Simply putting the girls in attractive outfits would get my business. It would be nice to get girls who can actually massage but that would be a huge challenge. I don't think location is a big problem, and weird out-of-the-way places are actually a plus for me.
Unread May 23rd, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmacT View Post
Where are you looking to start one?
Problem is you need to have licensed massage therapists and be in compliance with city and state rules. Plus, since the girls are licensed they want to be paid hourly, so they're on payroll and you need to have workers comp. That is why the girls are older. Most places have a hard time getting all licensed therapist so they mix it up with licensed and nonlicensed. In California, they won't use many young girls on visiting visas cause ICE does checks to.

I know a place for sale in garden grove.
If a licensed girl works at a place and there is a non license girl working there, The CAMTC licence girl gets a ticket as well. If the girl files as a "independant contractor" she does not get an hourly wage. She just needs to file income at the end of the year to IRS and state. If girl is on staff at said place she suposedly gets an hourly wage and the places files a 1090w. She has to declare that income to IRS and state. Taxes. That's how they get you.
Unread May 24th, 2012
VIP User

chanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud of

Taxes...isn't that how they got Al Capone?
Unread May 29th, 2012
Senior Dog

mahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond reputemahalo21 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any special permit city licenses required? As I recall in Vista, the city voted not to issue or renew many of the massage licenses and therefore putting you out of business! Scumbags!