View Single Post
Unread June 13th, 2012
Senior Dog

asiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really niceasiansam is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
When I'm assertive or don't let a woman walk on me, it doesn't help and just makes her ditch being around me even faster.
Consider yourself lucky. Women want a Man, but they also like to have doormats around to run errands for them and be there to help them out. They know if they ask the Man to do those things, he will dump her. Do you want to be just one of her minions? No? then it's good you found out early that you aren't her type. Otherwise, you'll be the one dog-sitting for her when she goes on a long weekend in Santa Barbara with Fabio.

Consider this too. Did your assertiveness turn her off because it was managed poorly? There's a good chance of that. Assertiveness works only if it makes you look strong and confident. If the way you do it looks whiny, weird or over-the-top, it doesn't help you. Imagine Barney Fife standing up to Thelma Lou. Is that you being assertive?

Women want men to be men. They like strong, confident men. Men who are calm and unafraid. Yeah, it's a daddy thing. The same way we want mommies. You don't have to be rich or good-looking, but you have to have game. If not, you'll have to settle for whoever is willing to accept you. Either that or be alone. There simply is no other way.

As James Coburn said in Cross of Iron, "a man is, generally, what he believes himself to be." Don't try to fool yourself. Deep down, you know where you fit in. Your anxiety stems from denying it. And as Jesus said, "there will always be greater and lesser men than you." (I think it was Jesus). Accept who you are. Women hate insecurity and over-sensitivity, which comes from a sense of not measuring up. One last quote. "A man has got to know his limitations" (Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force). Don't try to be more than you can be.

Good luck!

Last edited by asiansam; June 14th, 2012 at 05:57 AM.