View Single Post
Unread December 19th, 2013
Junior Puppy

rbrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi the killer View Post
I act like that to Kid. I do acts of kindness and maybe I will be treated the same [karma] I am not sure there is karma unless I count, as you said, that I feel good myself doing the kind act for someone or something and that is the reward. Feeling good about myself. Like my little facebook friends over in the Philippines. Maybe they think I am such a standup guy. A real saint. Then again maybe they just think I am a rich American lonely heart sucker. Most people tend to believe the latter. I don't know. Maybe it is all the roids and growth hormone I am on that make me think of these things. Maybe it is a biological clock type thing "get ready sucker, you are getting old for real, you time is coming for real." I never had this feeling in my teens twenties thirties, maybe it started a little in forties. Now I am fifty and I think of this stuff some times.

I too am in my 50's. But more than fearing death,,,I fear growing old alone. I'm an only child,,,never found the right woman, to busy chasing the wrong women and working crappy hours,,and no kids either. Add that all together, and I'm in my early 50's and single.
Now married guys might think that's great, but one thing I have learned in life is, you wish for what you don't have. So they may wish to be single with no kids and I wish I had the opposite.
As far as religion, I was religious in my younger years. I stopped going to church, but still believed in a god. But in my adult life, that started to change when a very good friend of mine, had his son pass away the summer before he was to start 6th grade. Like me, my friend is an only child and he and his wife only had the one. At their age, having another wasn't an option really.
In order to not offend anyone on here that is religious, I am going to stop here and not get into my feelings on God. But I will say,,,having that happen to my good friend started changing my views on a God. Plus,,,I have kind of strayed from your topic a bit.