View Single Post
Unread August 10th, 2020
Dude at Large

deezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderland View Post
So Deez, if you happen to already have device purchased in China would Weixin work over here if you have already been using it here, therefore not banned because of origin of device and registration? Getting a little too techie for me. If they ban WeChat and other apps here how do they get them out of service if already used here? Just by not servicing the app in stores here?
It seems like where the device was registered will determine what can be installed. I've seen devices like Huawei purchased and registered in Hong Kong. These devices actually allowed the installation of YouTube and Pandora. Apple iPhones and iPads purchased and registered in China will not allow you to install YouTube or Pandora. Those apps are not even available in the Apple App Store based on registration. Bringing these Chinese registered to the US did not change anything. Thos apps blocked in Chins were still not available.
So, based on what I've seen with Chinese registered Apple devices, it might be possible for Chinese residents registering iPhones and iPads to be able to install Weixin.
As for Chinese registered devices brought to the US, I would think that by performing a full device reset and registering them in the US might solve the problem of blocked apps in China.