View Single Post
Unread July 30th, 2017
Dude at Large

deezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrick View Post
I must be getting old. From the style of writing of some of the reviewers it is obvious that these people have grown up in the computer and cell phone age.

For example I give a few snips from just one review.
...When my tern came up...
A tern is a bird. He obviously meant "turn". Either he didn't know the difference or he spoke to his cell phone and then didn't even read before hitting submit

...and grabbed whole of him...
From the surrounding words it was supposed to be "grabbed ahold of" Again probably phone making the mistake.

Also on this report he describes only a HE but checked the FS box.
I hear (not here) you, brother. Tiny keyboards and not paying attention to automatic spell check can be attributed to some errors. Bad grammar and the misuse of homophones could be the reason for other errors. I would point the finger at our society's lack of interest in education. Some might say it's our poor system of education. But, an educational system is only as good as the support that is his given.
As far as the misreporting services in a review, I've also commented that it is confusing when a report discusses what is available rather than what they actually received.