View Single Post
Unread November 4th, 2016
Senior Dog

Hugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura aboutHugh G. Rexion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp View Post
Calif. ballots have this measure 64 to legalize recreational marijuana.
How would this prop affect the hobby if passed?
I think if legalized then it implies a more lenient view to vices, incl. mongering perhaps(?)
But on the other hand, if it is legal, then there is less workload for LE. In which case they may have to pursue other "issues", like mongering(?)
Does anyone have any data on Colorado post-legalization? Did it affect the hobby?
Ideally we want a transition to a Segway to legalizing mongering, or at least reduce the pressure that we've seen in recent years with all the 'trafficking' measures.
Personally I don't use pot and I'd rather use the funds for mongering.
Ultimately the cost of enforcement of pot laws was realized to be too high(pun intended). specifically the number of people in prison was just too many. Remember Drug law enforcement really came into its own during the Reagan presidency and continued on for another 20 years until the states started pushing back on the feds and now the states dont worry about what the feds think on this law.

You have similar thing going on with the whole human trafficking task force which the feds are throwing money at right now. I think if they can continue to bust pimps with underage girls then the money will keep coming but if all they find are milfy asian ladies driving a lexus to work and giving handjobs then people will lose interest in the enforcement aspect. As it is usually the comments section of articles dealing with massage parlor busts is 90% of the people think its a waste of money and the other 10% are completely in the dark as far as how things work.

The passage of the law will be a plus because it will allow for personal freedom without govt intervention which is all we ask for in the hobby and in my opinion that thing that will ultimately help the most is that the cops shoot innocent people and it pisses everyone off so they will ultimately be under more scrutiny and BS like cops going and getting undercover massages won't be tolerated so well.