View Single Post
Unread June 20th, 2014
VIP User

chanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud ofchanceforester has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha21 View Post
Keep in mind its also a vietnamese culture thing! My viet GF had to readjust to my tipping at American restaurants. She would kringe when I tipped 15-20% on a nice meal.
Believe it or not, most Viets tip about $1 per person for a meal! Im sureKid can confirm this! I also have nephew that works at two of the 50% off soup places. He gets $4 per hour under the table plus tips. He comes home sometimes, afyer serving up a1000 bowls of pho and tells me horror stories where a viet family of 6 will make a mess and tip $1. At the end of the day, they all split there tips and he makes about $7 per hour bustin his ass off!
For sure it's a cultural thing and the Viet are certainly the cheapest, except maybe Chinee. I lived in Hawaii for many years and the Hawaiians call the chinee "pake" which is like calling someone a jew, for those of you that remember that moniker.

Back to mongering: I am not famous for undertipping, in fact I always over tip. I learned this from my dad and our family travels in Mexico. He tipped the same exact amount for everything the cabana boy brought. If we got special service or extra food or whatever, there was an extra tip. When my parents would go out on the town, they would hire a local girl to "baby sit" me in the motel. One time (and my dad reminds me of this occasionally), they hired what appeared to be a hooker from the front desk concierge. I was only about 6 or 7, but I remember she smelled so good, had long black hair and high heels. That's when my mongering career started...LOL!