Thread: Obama care
View Single Post
Unread November 1st, 2013
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G. Rexion View Post
What is going on right now is really just a tug of war between the two sides. If we can reduce the deficit and keep tax rates reasonable then the rich wont care how much free shit to poor get. Borrowing money to give people free shit and also to spend 1/2 trillion a year on military is crazy stuff. I just wish that the budget would be in balance. The other scary thing is how are all these people getting free or partially subsidized health care? The thing with private insurance is that the bill has to be paid every 30 days or you get cancelled. Where is the money coming from? I dont believe the revenue provisions of the ACA are sufficient to cover the cost and they have also repealed some of them already. I'd love to see an actual accounting with the revenues and expenses of this thing after its in place for a few years.

I'd be curious to see how many people dodge the provisions and opt to not pay the penalty...I believe it has come to light that you can not participate and be penalized and there is no way for them to collect the penalty and after 10 years the penalty gets forgiven....I believe this will be common knowledge in the next year or so and the numbers that opt to go this method could be millions.
You are right about the penalty. i have insurance through my work. it costs about $1000 a month and is pretty good insurance. If I did not have that i maybe would opt to pay the penalty which is like $95 dollars a month. i don't get sick tht often. If something catostrophic happens to me there is still "the safety net" We will see how this all plays out.

While I am at it. the people I see using the most health care doallars are 'repeat customers" old people with chronic illness and we do many expensive procedures on them to extend their life which has dubious quality. maybe we need the "death squads" who decides who gets the big surgeries and who gets "comfort care only?" the times they be a changin.