PDA

View Full Version : Things Veteran Mongers Ought to Know

asiansam
July 23rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
The thread about pet peeves got me thinking. Some of those pet peeves listed are OK for newbies. They don't know any better. But for us guys who have been in the game for awhile, maybe a list of known pitfalls or common mistakes, etc., would be both informative and entertaining.

There are no hard and fast rules to mongering, but there are some expectations and assumptions that will go a long way in making our lives easier.

I'll start the ball rolling.

1. With few exceptions, pics in ads are fakes, especially on sites like Backpage, etc. Don't rely on them. If it looks too good to be true, it is probably a fake. Posed glamour shots, hot smiling young girls that look like they just stepped out of a magazine, etc. Yeah, fakes. However, pics where the girl hides her face, or part of it, she's fat, the pose is amateurish, the lighting is bad, the background is distracting or the photo is unflattering, all these are hallmarks of a genuine real girl's photo. There was a time when I would have included self-portraits taken in the mirror with a cell phone camera as probably real too, but some of these spammers are catching on, and ripping off Facebook or dating site-style photos.

2. Bring change! Don't bring a fucking Benjamin. Who are you trying to impress? If you want her to think you're loaded (why?), flash a roll instead. Bring 10's and 20's. Even 5's. Some girls are honest, many aren't. If she tells you they have no change for your big bill, what are you going to do? Leave? Probably you will stay (thinking with the small head), and hope that the difference that will become her tip will reflect the level of service you will receive. They know this. They want that hundred, and they know how to get it out of a horny guy who came unprepared.

3. Get a girl's cell number, if you want to see her again. Don't just call the shop and ask if she's working. Maybe they tell you yes, and you rush over, only to find out that oh, sorry, she had an emergency and had to leave (but another girl just happens to be available now...). If you have her cell number, you can always find out if she really is working that day. Not only that, if she leaves that shop for good one day, you won't have to post one of those "has anyone seen so-and-so?" posts in the Forums.

asiansam
July 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
OK, here's another good one. The vast majority of these girls are NOT professionals, and it's not reasonable to expect them to be. I read so many posts where guys get all huffy about the unprofessional behavior of some uneducated out-of-options middle-aged FOB who has reluctantly been providing for the past few months.

These girls don't see themselves as whores, and don't expect to be doing this job for long, even if they eventually end up that way. They're in denial about what they're doing and have a low opinion of the customers that make them do all those dirty things. Most guys accept the treatment they get and pay just the same, even if they never come back. Why should they try harder?

For the most part, you get what you pay for. If you want a PSE from a smokin' hot babe, then see the expensive K-girls on Cityvibe. If you want to save a buck, then keep your fingers crossed when you walk into the AMP (or AAMP) and hope you get a good one.

There is a saying that people rise to the level of expectations placed on them. There is another saying about trying to teach a pig to sing...

Velovelo
August 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
I have another take on carrying a C-note. I always have one on the outside the roll. I make sure they see it. Chicks dig money. You don't have to give it to them, just let them think you have money. It will certainly improve service. I agree that you should always have enough small bills to pay with exact change.

dennisxx2
August 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
If you have her phone number and call her be discreet on the phone. There is no reason to graphic. You never know where she is when you call her and also if she doesn't answer don't keep calling back. On a side note, drunk calling your favorite massage girl is not recommended.

Chogori
August 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Something all veteran mongers should know is that even being a veteran, the time will come where the little head takes over. When it happens, you will come to your senses with an empty wallet and the 20 year old hottie turns out to be a 45 year old beast. It happens and you just have to smile and move on.

WetWillie
August 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Good stuff.

I would add that just because you got your FIV once, it's not necessarily happening again. It's as asiansam says: these ladies are not professionals. They'll follow their moods and you'll get what you get unless you're lucky enough to make some sort of connection.

I have never been a fan of the "investment theory." I believe that what I get on my first visit is about what I'll get on my second/third/whatever. That may be wrong, but I give a girl once chance. If you saw what I said above, that means I should be missing out on some action. But for whatever reason, I almost always get offered FS at the FS joints, and even BB where others don't -- possibly because they don't ask.

As I've mentioned before elsewhere on the forum, I usually ask for BB so that even if it's not on the menu, the provider has had to say 'no.' It's a better position for negotiation for me. I'm usually short on cash and trying to keep my tips within the 'normally accepted' range.

Finally, something that happened to me last night -- a regular of mine that I've seen on and off for more than a year -- asked me (in very broken English) if she was doing everything to my satisfaction. Basically she was, but it was evident she was insecure about not only her performance, but her looks. She actually has a very pretty face and great attitude, and I realized I'd been friendly and tipping her well, but had neglected letting her know how attractive she is (junior always lets her know). Guys, this has got to be a hard profession for a woman. If you can throw her some crumbs... a compliment now and then... that's a worthwhile investment.

mahalo21
August 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Dont think you are her one and only. Many of these women have husbands and BFs. They often string you along, because time is money, flirting equals repeat visits. They are always willing to trade up to something better. I had a gal askng me all the time to fix up her friends with mine and later on she would slip up and mention that friends BF. Wtf, i said why? She would always change the subject. Which i then figured out she was doing the same to me. I think they fish in the big pond looking for the guy that is willing to save them! Dont embarress yourself thinking you are their favorite. I had one always show me your text msgs, very funny! So many I miss you, dirty pics, begging for dates or home visits. Have some pride or get the message quicker if she doesnt accept on the first try and then push you back to setting an appointment! But some do have a line between sex and making love. A line where you just might get a look at their heart, if thats what you desire and can handle. It aint easy if you do care what she does behind closed doors!