Thread: Bye Guys!
View Single Post
Unread March 27th, 2017
Senior Dog

ExecutiveVIP is just really niceExecutiveVIP is just really niceExecutiveVIP is just really niceExecutiveVIP is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansam View Post
Time to say goodbye boys. I've been on this site for many years, but I'm hanging it up. This hobby has been fun, but also expensive and terribly addicting. I think I've gotten enough good out of it that I can back away without a feeling of having missed out. I know there are good ones I never tried and new ones I'll never get to try. I can live with that. Now it's time for this old fucker to save some money and devote myself more completely to my marriage. I'm not saying that I will never pay for a handie, a BJ or even FS ever again, but I won't continue making the pursuit of that a part of my lifestyle, nor will I chase civvies or get involved with other women beyond either friendship or strictly "business." Some backsliding is probably inevitable, but my goal is to free myself from this cycle that I've allowed myself to fall into.

The first step is to not renew my VIP membership when it expires in a day or two. I won't be making comments or spouting off in the Forums. I guess there will also now be an opening in the moderator ranks, if anyone wants to volunteer. I didn't, but I was given moderator powers anyway. Thanks, Admin.

I've made some friends here over the years, and pissed off a few people too. I'm grateful for having gotten to know some people I wouldn't have met otherwise, and for the most part I've enjoyed the give and take here in the Forums. Exposure to different points of view is educational, and having to defend your position gives you a chance to reflect on your views and why you support them (or choose to abandon them).

So without further ado, goodbye, gentlemen. See you in the funny papers.
Do you have a sponsor? I'm afraid this is an addiction that for most of us that have been at it for 10+ years we've spent hundreds of thousands on.

Unfortunately, a simple HE will be the same as an alcoholic having "just a shot of Tequila every now and then".

I wish you the best of luck...I'll either go that route when I retire, or go full-blown ex-pat monger with a vacation house in Thailand and other monger havens...I haven't quite decided!