Thread: Obama care
View Single Post
Unread October 27th, 2013
VIP User

WetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechez View Post
If you read the real news, you'd know that the four contractors were summoned to testify to Congress earlier this week (CGI Federal, Optum/QSSI, Serco аnd Equifax Workforce Solutions).
I had heard 3 firms, but confirmed stories naming the four you mention, and now I see the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has subpoenaed records from "11 companies involved in building the website."

What strikes me as odd, as someone who has done a lot of web architecture is the complaint that a "last minute decision" to limit browsing to people who had registered would be a significant problem. It would likely cut 90% of the traffic out, since looky-loos both benign and not, would be all over the site. And RW sock puppets were spreading the rumor that people were getting $4000 fines after simply registering on the site, which was a tactic designed to reduce visits.

So if not traffic (which was reported as robust but not overwhelming) was causing slowdowns, there was another cause.

Best explanation I've heard was that cookies from the registration page were added to the cookies related to plan browsing and that sessions were simply carrying too many cookies. Weak explanation, but somewhat plausible.

I'm disappointed that a better general contractor wasn't found.