Thread: Obama care
View Single Post
Unread November 4th, 2013
VIP User

WetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant futureWetWillie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G. Rexion View Post
I have been doing my research and thinking it over. I am going to purchase a cheap bronze level policy for myself and my two dependents. Basically my goal is to just pay as little as I can into the system and hope for the best. I know it is gambling on your health but I think that is the cautious thing to do until the whole system gets to where it is going and we don't really know where that is yet. I currently have a group plan with myself and a couple employees in it but I am going to kill it and put everyone on the exchange.
Well, it's refreshing to find someone who has actually looked into it. 3 million policies got cancelled because they were crap insurance, with ridiculous limits and all kinds of exemptions for the insurors. All policies linked in the exchanges (state or Federal) meet minimum standards, so are at least definable as actual "insurance." And all policies are between private companies and individuals, so this 'government is in the insurance business' hysteria is just that.

The whole system now called Obamacare was originated in a conservative think tank at Heritage Foundation. And my belief is that a lot of the opposition to it has nothing at all to do with what it actually is; just political gamesmanship.