Thread: Egged On?
View Single Post
Unread October 17th, 2016
Dude at Large

deezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond reputedeezguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansam View Post
While I share your concern that Trump may be prone to making rash national security decisions if elected president, there is no button for Trump to push that will launch a missile all on its own. The president may have final say on whether or not to launch a nuclear attack, but his order must go through the Secretary of Defense and the military. Unless the top brass are fanatic Trumpists, there may be some push-back, if not outright mutiny were Trump to order a nuclear strike because a foreign leader made fun of his hair. The possibility of a rogue president is not a new consideration. Safeguards are in place, and the seriousness of a frivolous nuclear attack carries a lot more moral weight than the possible repercussions of a hare-brained decision to send in a SEAL team to take out a jihadi. Those who would carry out such an order would have much bigger considerations than "I might get in trouble if I refuse to obey."
Sam, thanks for the Civics lesson! I was trying to do a Trump and use a bit of rediculous sarcasm. Yeah, I'm sure the "Football" doesn't have a launch button. Also, this may be un-American but really I don't like Twinkies.