Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Unread November 24th, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Religion is fine if it makes people feel better. I dabbled with religion and I think I kind of understand a little about it now. Basically religion is supposed to help you feel more secure about your own impending death. When you are contemplating your own death, i mean really looking at it, it is very difficult to think that you are all alone. Easier to think that there is God with you and that there will be something in the here after.

When I was young i did not care about life and death. i would die for nothing. I truly did not care. I used to ride my Suzuki 1200 down the 101 freeway at speeds of like 150 miles per hour drunk and high on speed/meth. I would go surfing in huge stormy seas where i had no business being out in that water. Waves like 15 to 20 feet. Stupid and no fear. When i think of some of the things I did in my youth I shudder. Now that i am getting older actually sometimes I get anxiety as i contemplate my own demise. Funny how when I was young I did not care.

I think of the people I grew up with. Many of them are dead. I wonder what it is like for them now. I wonder how they handled their own death. I see people die all the time at my work. it looks pretty easy. Of course everyone has to dance their little predeath dying dance. Then they are gone. Natural.

My younger brother commited suicide on new years eve a long time ago. This time of the year is always very dark for me. I can't help but think about him around this time. I never tell anyone. Just you guys. He was 23 years old when he died. So he cut a few years off his life. In the long run does it matter? Do I feel sorry for him or for me? I wonder about these things sometimes.

Some people take religion and twist it for their own worldy agenda. People are generally not good. Some of them are good. They are a minority though IMHO. Religion is OK, it is the people who twist religion that make religion bad.