View Single Post
Unread September 4th, 2012
Senior Dog

hornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant futurehornyag101 has a brilliant future

It truly is troubling the things I hear from members of my own family. The other day I heard my brother rambling about Obama being a Muslim. I told him he is the worst Muslim ever since he drinks alcohol and smokes, 2 things Romney doesn't do.

I even got an e-mail from my "religious" cousin showing signs that are clearly photo shopped with Muslims calling for death and destruction, all the signs are clearly in the same script or the signs are just added in. I really don't understand all this hate mongering from so-called religious people but historically it always happens.

I tell my brother to be weary of everything he reads on the internet but the truth is he just wants to believe. I have even shown him proof of lies he has read about through e-mails but he is blind to anything that is not what he believes.

He knows I listen to conservative radio every so often but I also listen to liberal media sources as well when elections are coming up. He asks me how I can listen to that liberal garbage but I just tell him that I am smart enough to dig through the garbage of each to find nuggets of truth. I tell him that to only listen to one source is to not be looking for new information, but instead to get affirmation of what you already believe in.

Oh well, what are you going to do? I try to get them to think for themselves but the truth is a lot of people don't want to do that, they are only concerned with being right. We live in a Narcissistic society now anyway so should we really be surprised if people are not concerned with others?