View Single Post
Unread July 27th, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPkid View Post
We still don't know how many of the 16,000 were committed by legal gun owner or criminals. My guess is mostly criminals are shooting people. Here is an excerpt from a website showing gun related crimes in US vs. Knife related crimes in UK.

In or about 2006, there were about 60 million (actually closer to 58M, but we'll use the rounded-up number to be kind to hopolophobes) people in the UK as a whole, including Scotland.

In England and Wales alone — discounting Scotland — there were over 163 thousand knife crimes.

By the end of 2006, there were more than 300 million people in the US as a whole.

In the US as a whole, there were fewer than 400 thousand gun crimes.

In the UK, based on these numbers, there was one knife crime committed for every 374 people (rounded down).

In the US, based on these numbers, there was one gun crime committed for every 750 people — less than half a gun crime per 374 people (about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people, actually).

That means that, based on these statistics, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

Here is a link to the website I found these stats. http://sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323

I think people will kill people no matter what the gun laws are. You said yourself chimps kill each other and not one of them owned a gun. I can only speak for myself but I would rather have a gun and not need it then need a gun and not have it. If it ever comes down to me having to defend my home and family I like my chances better with a Glock and a Mossberg 12 gauge within reach because I know whoever is coming into my house at night isn't coming empty handed. Don't get me wrong, I am all for making the penalties stiffer for those that commit crimes with guns. But we all know that won't make a criminal stop to think before pulling their piece.
MPkid: Have you ever seen a stabbing victim? Have you ever seen a gunshot victim? I have seen plenty of both. If I had the choice I would rather be stabbed, your chances of survival are about 99% better. Less internal damage from a low velocity knife than a high velocity bullet. Any trauma surgeon would tell you the same thing.

Many of the gun hmicides were committed by law abiding good citizens until one they "cracked" like our friend James Holmes of Colorado. He was a good citizen until he walked into that theater and shot a bunch of people. those Columbine teenagers were just average missfits till they armed themsevles to to teeth with forearms and shot a bunch of people. How about the husband who finds his wife in bed with another man? Model citizen till that day then he commited a double homicide and a suicide. Law abiding citizens exercising their contitutional right to own a gun.

Do you really think James Holmes was concerned with the legal consiquences of his actions? He was wearing full body tactical armor. Nobody was going to take him down. The remedy is to make guns much harder to acquire. Gun control.

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 27th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.