View Single Post
Unread July 25th, 2012
VIP User

ichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to beholdichi the killer is a splendid one to behold

Part of me does not care if people shoot each other. There are too many damn people in this world anyway. Part of me gets frustrated with how stupid and primitive humans really are. Hateful, primitive, greedy and murderous.

I remember when I was a little kid I saw in some science magazine the mummified remains of some hapless soul from like 1000 years ago who was garroted to death with a leather ligature and a stick to twist it tight around his neck from behind. He was buried like that with an agonized look on his face perpetually frozen and the ligature left tight around his neck. Some memories just stick with you.

In thousands of years humans have not changed really. Sure technology has advanced, but underneath it all we are still the same. Not much different than primates really. In fact I read that in some ways primates are actually quicker intellectually than humans. I read Chimps can remember number sequences better than Homo sapiens. Chimps, on the other hand, are in some ways like us: Chimps sometimes kill each other. That and they like to masturbate.

On the other hand, assuming I give a shit whether people shoot each other: Actually I make quite a bit of money when people get shot and I am on call. They call me in to assist in the surgeries. Stupid violent people with guns are actually my "bread and butter." But the question still stands: Why are Americans so violent and gun oriented? There are other countries with not stellar records historically in regard to doing violence on other humans: Japan and Germany, for instance. Australia, not counting the indigenous natives who were there first, was founded by hard core outcast criminals and was pretty rough place back in the day.

Those countries have a very small fraction of gun related deaths compared to America. What is different? They are humans just like Americans. Is it the movies and the videogames? No. The people in those countries watch the same movies and play the same violent games as we do in America. The answer, at least the only logical answer that I can see is: Those countries: Japan, Germany, and Australia all have strict gun control.

Now for a bit of irony: In America the second amendment of the constitution declares the right of US citizens to bear arms. The Japanese constitution written after WWII declares that Japanese cannot have possession of fire arms swords or sharp sticks. So who wrote the Japanese constitution? America did as part of the terms of Imperial Japans surrender at the end of WWII. I guess we felt guilty about nuking the Japanese and felt like maybe we should make it up to them. Hell, those Japanese suffered enough. Right?So we took their guns and we kept the guns. How many gun related homicides did Japan have last year 2011? Something like 7. How many gun related homicides did America have in 2011? Something like 16,000. Land of the Free. The quick and the dead. Japan says "Thank you America."

Great! "Yippekayaaii Mofo! Grabs yer 6 shooter and head out west youngster. You will take my Smith and Wesson from my cold dead hand Yankee!" "No, new gun laws! The right to shoot people is in the constitution. It is an american core value."

Last edited by ichi the killer; July 26th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.